1/18/2006

 
WORKING HARD IS HARD TO DO: Florida school considers eliminating valedictorian honor.

Connie Boyle, Guidance Counselor commented, "Some of the students are separated by a fraction, fraction of a percentage point, fraction of thousandth percentage point. How fair is that?"

Life is not fair. The other day I was at Starbucks, stopped to pick up some litter and got a parking ticket. Is it fair that I got a parking ticket in the thirty seconds I was performing community service? May I add, after paying $4 for a latte. Okay, so one may argue that if I'm dumb enough to pay $4 for a latte then I deserve the parking ticket, but let's not argue that, eh?

Students work hard and aspire to be their school's valedictorian. We don't need another thing to devalue education.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Click Here  View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines This site is certified 78% GOOD by the Gematriculator