6/29/2005

 

Just Desserts

Following the Supreme Court's disasterious Kelo ruling, a developer based in California has decided to put Justice David Souter's family where his opinion is. Logan Darrow has planned a hotel and museum documenting the "loss of freedom in America" on Souter's two-story colonial farmhouse. Using the same logic that Souter joined in the 5-4 decision, Darrow is saying that his hotel would do more for the community of Weare, N.H., than Souter's home. What is infinitely better than this mere publicity stunt is that the officials in Weare are actually taking this seriously.

"Am I taking this seriously? But of course," said Charles Meany, Weare's code enforcement officer. "In lieu of the recent Supreme Court decision, I would imagine that some people are pretty much upset. If it is their right to pursue this type of end, then by all means let the process begin."

I believe that Meany really meant "In light of..." instead of "In lieu of..." in that previous statement, but as my friend Seth pointed out, what he really, really meant to say was, "Souter's not one of us, so if this can get rid of him and I can get elected state senator, let the process begin."

Oh, I do love poetic justice when it's not directed at me.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Click Here  View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines This site is certified 78% GOOD by the Gematriculator